DO TO A LACK OF PARTICIPATION- WITH BOTH SALES OF THE BOOK & LETTERS SENT IN, THE CONTEST WAS CANCELLED.
2020 A NOVEL IDEA CONTEST -OFFICIAL RULES-
Contest Terms & Conditions
This is a National & International Contest (Open to Canada, USA & UK). Anyone who meets the requirements of the contest can participate- Excluding Quebec. & any States that don't allow a contest entry fee.
Due to the various & ever changing contest laws set out by Countries, Provinces, States & Regional Authorities, it is impossible to verify this contest has met the requirements in its entirety. By participating in this contest entrants agree to be fully & unconditionally bound by these Rules, and represent and warrant that they meet the eligibility requirements.
This Contest is VOID where not prohibited by law.
(“Winners” are the individuals or families chosen by the panel of judges and that have met all of the requirements of this contest, listed in the official rules.) (Entrant(s) is anyone (individual or family) that participates in this contest and has followed the criteria for this contest, listed in the official rules.) (C.J. Althammer and Author for the purpose of this document are one in the same.)
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS ENTRY FEE: A Hard Cover, Soft Cover or E-book of “Oh…what will I be?”, By C.J. Althammer must be purchased. (AMENDED MAY 19, 2020: E-Books will be accepted, as well.)
For a list of locations of where the book can be purchased, visit the Author’s website, www.cjalthammer.com.
The Author does not set or control the sale price of the children’s book “Oh…what will I be?” at any of the locations it is available for purchase.
WRITE A LETTER (maximum 400 words): Entrants must submit a letter via e-mail of up to 400 words in length. There is no minimum word count.
All letters submitted for consideration should explain how the prize funds would help their family through the COVID-19 crisis. It may be written in any style or form, but must be in the entrant's own words.
All letters must be typed in an e-mail or sent via e-mail and attached in a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters MUST be written in English. Entrants must include proof of purchase, legal name and mailing address in e-mail. This information will be used to confirm proof of purchase prior to the winner receiving prize funds and for redeeming the prize. (The name of the contest participant must be on the purchase receipt of the book.)By providing this information, participants consent to its use for the purposes indicated.
Beyond these stipulations, presentation (e.g. font and spacing) is at the entrant’s discretion.
The 2020 A Novel Idea Contest: The 2020 A Novel Idea Contest (the "Contest") is organised by the Author of “Oh…what will I be?” (C.J. Althammer).
The Contest is open to anyone 18 years of age or over, who is not excluded by these Rules. There is no upper age limit for entry. Applicants may be required to provide the Author, at its sole discretion, with proof of their name & age. Failure to provide adequate proof will automatically disqualify the participant from the competition.
The Author's spouse, immediate family, distant family, relatives through marriage and/or those living in the same household as the Author are excluded from being eligible to enter this contest.
CONTEST DURATION: 3 (three) months, April 20th, 2020 to July 1st, 2020.
The winners will be announced July 20th, 2020.
The deadline for entries is 1:00 pm (Central Standard Time) on July 1st, 2020. Entries received after this deadline will not be considered.
One (1) entry per household is permitted. Applicants with more then one residence, may still submit only one entry. Households with more then one family, may still submit only one entry.
Entries will only be accepted via the e-mail provided (email@example.com).
Submission via other means (e.g. by website submission, private messaging on social media or in hard copy by post) will not be accepted.
PRIZES: There will be 5 cash prizes of $10,000 for a total of $50,000 CAD. Provided, a minimum of 100,000 books (hard or soft cover) are sold. In the event the required minimum number of books sold is surpassed, the Author maintains sole discretion to increase the number of winners and therefore number of cash prizes awarded.
The prize funds awarded to the winners will be in Canadian Currency.
Funds will be sent and/or paid to the winners within seven (7) to ten (10) business days via one of the following methods, bank transfer, bank draft, or certified cheque. The method of payment is at the Author’s sole discretion.
The Author shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted within three (3) business days from the time the award notification was sent the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected.
A receipt of funds from the winners will be required.
YOU WILL NOT BE ASKED FOR A CREDIT CARD, SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER, PASSWORDS, OR PHONE NUMBER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
11. CHANCE OF WINNING: Estimated- 1 in 100,000; However, the odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
REQUIRED: A minimum of 100,000 books (hard and/or soft cover) must be sold.
12. In the event a chosen winner(s) does not meet the requirements of the contest as set out in the official rules, the next runner up chosen, by the panel of judges will take the winners title and prize funds.
13. JUDGING: 100 finalists will be selected by C.J. Althammer and their letters will be reviewed by a panel of three (3) judges, who will determine the winners. The announcement of the winners will be made on C.J. Althammer’s Website (www.cjalthammer.com) & Facebook page on July 20th, 2020.
All entries will be assigned an ID number and made anonymous upon receipt to the judges. Judges will not be privy to entrants' names, geographical area of residence, or any other personal information that could give away the identity of an individual/family during the judging processes. Names will be reattributed to the entries only after the winners have been decided.
The judges’ decisions are final, and no correspondence about their decisions will be entered into. (Subject to meeting all conditions and eligibility criteria as listed in the official rules.) The Author reserves the right to change the panel of judges without notice.
Every effort will be made to achieve a balance of gender and diversity in the panel of judges.
14. Amendments cannot be made to entries after they have been submitted; letter cannot be amended, corrected or substituted. No correspondence or discussion about amendments will be entered into.
15. The Author reserves the right to disqualify any entry if there are reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these Rules.
16. The Author cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Contest.
17. This contest will act in accordance with current SLGA, Contest Bureau of Canada and the Criminal Code of Canada requirements and regulations. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
18. No personal letters submitted from the contestants will be publicly shared.
19. No personal information will be dispersed or sold to any third party.
20. Any claim or dispute with respect to the Contest, the Prize, or this Agreement shall be governed by Canadian & Saskatchewan laws and any proceedings in relation to any such claim or dispute shall be resolved exclusively by Saskatchewan courts. If any portion of this Document is determined to be unenforceable by a court of law, all other parts of this Document shall remain in full force and effect, and that the conditions and covenants herein shall be binding on the entrant’s heirs and assigns. All entrants expressly agree that any claims relating to this contest must be resolved in the province of Saskatchewan, Canada, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason.
21. The Author reserves the right to amend these Rules where it is deemed necessary to do so or where circumstances are beyond the Author’s control. Any changes to the Rules will be posted as an amendment on the Author’s website, within the official rules of this contest.
22. Submission of an entry will be deemed inadmissible in the event of any dispute regarding these Rules or any other matter relating to the Contest, the decision of the Author shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
23. Entrants must be Citizens or Permanent Residence of Canada, USA or UK. 24. Cancellation: The contest will be cancelled or number of winners reduced at the Author’s sole discretion, in the event too few books are sold, the Author becomes deceased or other force- majeure. The Author reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Author’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. The Author reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 25. Extension: There will be no extensions. 26. Refunds: In the event of contest cancellation, under no circumstances will refunds be awarded by or from the Author for books purchased. 27. NOT a Lottery or Raffle: As per SLGA regulations, this contest is not a lottery or raffle as it is not a random draw. 28. NOT a Lottery, Game of Chance or Betting: As per the Competition Bureau of Canada & Criminal Code Section 206, this contest is not a random draw. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges and are required to have met all requirements of the official rules for this contest. 29. PUBLICITY: Acceptance or Submission of contest participation and/or the prize funds, constitutes permission for C.J. Althammer to use your name, photo, review or other likeness for advertising, marketing, public relations, or other promotional purposes worldwide in commerce and in any media without limitation or further compensation. Any photos sent to C.J. Althammer become property of C.J. Althammer and may be posted on social media or website.
30. Individuals/ families who are deemed to be one of the five winners of the $10,000 cash prizes will be responsible for exchanging the funds to their own native country currency and incur any related costs to do so, if not from Canada.
31. Prizes shall be accepted “as is” in Canadian Currency.
32. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable.
33. The Author waives all responsibilities as too how the funds are spent and/or managed once distributed to the winners.
34. Taxation: Please research the tax laws of your native country/province/state and/or region to determine any tax ramifications resulting from winning the contest before submitting your entry. The prize is taxable as income where required by law. Prize winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes, fees, expenses and federal, provincial, state and local law requirements relating to the prize.
35. SOCIAL MEDIA/PUBLISHER:
By participating in this contest, entrants or participants completely release Facebook, Instagram & FriesenPress of any responsibilities associated with this contest; and
Acknowledge that the promotion of this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or FriesenPress.
Any issues regarding this contest must be directed to the Author via the website (www.cjalthammer.com) “contact” page.
Participation in the contest implies acceptance of these rules which the Author will take care of applying. All of its decisions are final and cannot be appealed. 36. CONTACT: Inquiries regarding the contest should be sent via website submission (www.cjalthammer.com)- contact page.
The Sponsor of the Campaign is C.J. Althammer.
Address: P.O. Box 842 Station Main Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada S6V 5S4
RESTRICTIONS- The following are prohibited and will result in automatic and immediate disqualification from the Contest
“Book sharing” is not permitted. (The name of the contest participant must be on the purchase receipt of the book.)
Fraudulent acts of any kind will not be tolerated.
Attempting to send in more then one entry will completely remove all entries from the contest.
Residents of Quebec, Canada are excluded from this contest due to laws set out by RACJ.
Non compliance with these official rules.
Any items sent by postal mail are prohibited.
NO Unauthorized Visitors: The Author does not permit any individuals to visit or drive-by residence.
Entries that do not comply with these Rules will, at the Author’s sole discretion, be disqualified. To be valid, each entry must provide the information requested.
DO NOT SEND ANY FORM OF BRIBERY. DOING SO WILL ELIMINATE YOU FROM THE COMPETITION.
we have to work as a team to fight COVID-19. Let's all be responsible towards each other and follow all required & recommended safety practices set out by our local healthcare professionals.